Effective Jan 2022
Types of information we collect
The types of Personal Data that we may collect while you use the Fontierz Sites are described in this section and include both information that you provide to us and information that we collect automatically when you use the Fontierz Sites.
- Information you provide: You do not have to register for a service or program to receive much of the information available through Fontierz Sites. However, some of our content is available only to registered or identified users and will require you to set up a profile or provide specific information about yourself in order to provide you the service.
- Personal data you provide when visiting fontierz sites: Fontierz collects Personal Data that you provide on Fontierz Sites. You may do this to request information, apply for a job, or make a report. Such data includes:
• Contact Information such as your name, address, phone number, or email address
• Registration Information such as your username and password
• Employment, education and other background information when you inquire about employment with Fontierz of an affiliate
• Content you may provide (for example, when you complete our Online Contact Form or submit other information).
- Personal data you share during other interactions with fontierz: You may contact Fontierz to ask questions, discuss your concerns, or report issues regarding our products. If you communicate with or request information from Fontierz, you may be prompted to provide your contact information as well as any Personal Data that is relevant to your request.
- Information that may be collected automatically: When you use the Fontierz Sites, we also may collect certain usage and device information automatically as described below. Your IP address and non-identifying information about your use of Fontierz Sites may be collected automatically using tracking technologies, such as cookies. This information may include the links you click, the pages you visit, the time spent on each page, as well as your general location at a country or state level; however, your identity is not associated with any of this information. Your website browser software can be set to reject all cookies; however, cookies can allow you to take advantage of some of the site’s essential features so they may not work if you reject cookies.
- IP address: We may record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or other electronic device when you visit the Fontierz Sites. An IP address identifies the electronic device you use to access the Sites, which allows us to maintain communication with your computer as you move about Fontierz Sites and to customize content.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies: We also collect information about your use of Fontierz Sites through tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a unique numeric code that is transferred to your computer to track your interests and preferences and to recognize you as a return visitor. A “Web beacon” is a transparent graphic image placed on a Web site or e-mail that enables the monitoring of things such as user activity and site traffic. These technologies help remember your preferences and allow us to bring you the content and features that are likely to be of greatest interest to you on the basis of “clickstream” data that shows your previous activities on Fontierz Sites.
To learn more about cookies and other tracking technologies, including how to disable them, please
visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that some cookies are essential to the functioning of our Sites and deleting or disabling them will reduce the site’s functionality.
- Information collected from other sources: We may combine information about you from Fontierz Sites with information that you provide offline, for the purposes specified in this notice. Any Personal Data that we obtain offline from you or others will be processed in compliance with notice requirements and other applicable law.
How we use your information
We use your Personal Data to provide you the product and services you request, communicate with you, improve your experience on the Fontierz Sites, generally improve our products and services and for other internal business purposes, including detecting security incidents, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing functionality, performing services on our behalf or that you request and fulfilling transactions. These uses may also include the recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data. The Personal Data we collect about you will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above and in accordance with applicable laws.
- Responding to your requests, questions or reports: If you contact us to ask a question, request information, or provide information to us, we use the Personal Data that you provide to respond to you, provide you with information you request, and follow up on information you provide.
- Site analytics and improvement: We may use the information that you provide and the information we collect automatically about your use of the Fontierz Sites to monitor user traffic patterns and preferences for site improvement, analytics and optimization. We may use third-party vendors such as Hubspot, Webtrends, Matomo, Cision and Google Analytics to help us do this.
- Legal basis for processing: Consistent with applicable law, Fontierz must have a legal basis to process your Personal Data. The legal basis that applies in an instance will depend on which of the specific purposes described above Fontierz is processing your Personal Data:
• In certain cases, and where required by applicable law, Fontierz may ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
• In other instances, the processing of your Personal Data may be necessary in order to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt-out of this processing, or your choice to opt-out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
• In still other instances, Fontierz may process your Personal Data based on Fontierz’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt-out of all such processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “Your Privacy Choices” section.
Fontierz does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Data directly from children on Fontierz Sites (We define “children” as minors younger than 18). We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, to communicate with us, or to use any of our online services. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue.
Your privacy choices
You have the right to be informed about our data practices, as well as about entities with which we have shared your Personal Data and the possibility of denying consent and the consequences of such denial. You also have the right to see and get a copy of Personal Data about you that we maintain as well as to ask us to make corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data about you. You have the right to receive data you have provided to us in a machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller. You may also request the erasure of your Personal Data or the restriction of its processing, or object to the processing of Personal Data about you. We will comply with any other rights you may have under applicable law in addition to those listed above.
Consistent with applicable law, you also may request access to information about the categories of Personal Data we collect, the sources from which we obtain that Personal Data, why we collected it, and with whom we share it.
To seek access to Personal Data about you, exercise any other rights, to file a concern, complaint, or request for correction, or to opt-out of particular programs, please contact our Privacy Office by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on the Fontierz Site you are using, by using the Fontierz contact information on the Fontierz mobile application you are using, or by emailing [email protected]. You may also send a letter to the following address:
Attn: Data Protection Office/Privacy
Fontierz Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, Plot no 165/1/17,
Priyadarshini Industrial Society,
T Block, MIDC, Bhosari,
Pune – 411026,
Many countries have a data protection authority to ensure that data protection law is followed. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with us and wish to make a complaint, contact your local authority.
In all communications to Fontierz, please include your email address, the Web site address, mobile application, and/or the specific Fontierz product to which you provided Personal Data (e.g., Fontierz.com), and a detailed explanation of your request. If you would like to delete, amend, or correct your Personal Data and are contacting us by email, please put “Deletion Request” or “Amendment/Correction Request” in the subject line of the email. We will respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner and may need to further confirm your identity in order to process certain requests.
Once we receive your request, we may need to contact you to further verify relevant details. You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to submit a request through an authorized agent. To designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights and choices on your behalf, please provide sufficient proof of assignment of authority.
Fontierz maintains reasonable technical, administrative and physical controls to secure any Personal Data collected through the Fontierz Sites. However, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third-party could intercept an Internet transmission, or that someone will find a way to thwart our security systems. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Data over the Internet, especially your financial- related information. Fontierz cannot guarantee that unauthorized third-parties will not gain access to your Personal Data; therefore, when submitting Personal Data to Fontierz Sites, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
Third-party sites and social media plug-ins
Fontierz may transmit Personal Data about you to related affiliates worldwide. These affiliates may in turn transmit Personal Data about you to other related affiliates. Some affiliates may be in countries that do not ensure an adequate level of data protection. Nevertheless, all of Fontierz’s related affiliates are required to treat Personal Data in a manner consistent with this policy. We only transfer your Personal Data internationally or to a third-party when we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of your Personal Data being processed, in compliance with applicable data protection laws. Where necessary, including for transfers to affiliates, we use Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Union to provide such protection. To obtain additional information regarding the safeguards we have in place for cross-border transfers of Personal Data, please contact us using the information provided in the “Your Privacy Choices” section.